Edward M. Philip
Edward M. Philip served as the Chief Operating Officer of Partners in Health, a non-profit healthcare organization, from January 2013 to March 2017. In addition, Mr. Philip was a Special Partner at Highland Consumer Fund, a consumer-oriented private equity fund, serving in this role from 2013 to 2017. He served as Managing General Partner at Highland Consumer Fund from 2006 to 2013. Prior to that, Mr. Philip served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Decision Matrix Group, Inc., a research and consulting firm, from May 2004 to November 2005, and was Senior Vice President of Terra Networks, S.A., a global Internet company, from October 2000 to January 2004.
In 1995, Mr. Philip joined Lycos, Inc., one of the first Internet service provider and search companies, as one of its founding members and held the positions of President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer at different times. While at Lycos, he helped take the company from a start-up venture with less than $2 million in funding to an international public company with operations in 42 countries, establishing Lycos as one of the premier internet companies with millions of visitors per day.
Mr. Philip brings to the Board strong knowledge of digital and technology-focused industries as well as extensive operational and financial leadership experience at multinational corporations.
- More than 30 years of business and management experience, including years of experience as both an operating executive and chief financial officer of multinational corporations.
- Experience in strategic, business and financial planning in consumer-based and technology-based industries and in overseeing management teams of such companies, as well as in managing teams responding to complex and critical international issues.
- Possesses expertise regarding internet and technology-based industries, the use of the internet and digital media for building businesses, expertise in strategic planning and execution in complex global organizations.
- Expertise in consumer trends and in the family entertainment industry.
- Significant experience in corporate finance, financial reporting and accounting matters for large multinational public companies, as well as in the operation and management of large multinational organizations.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
- Blade Urban Air Mobility
- Audit Committee Chair
- United Airlines Holdings, Inc
- Audit Committee
- Nominating and Governance Committee
- BRP Inc.
- Human Resources and Compensation Committee
- Nominating, Governance and Social Responsibility Committee
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS