Kenneth A. Bronfin
Kenneth A. Bronfin is Senior Managing Director of Hearst Ventures, the strategic investment division of diversified media, information and services company Hearst Corporation, serving in this role since 2013. Under his leadership, Hearst Ventures has grown to become one of the most active and successful corporate venture funds in the world with more than $1 billion invested to date. In addition to this role, Mr. Bronfin acts as a strategic resource to Hearst businesses as they pursue their own digital operational and M&A strategies.
Prior to that, Mr. Bronfin served as President of Hearst Interactive Media and Technology Group since 2002, leading Hearst’s efforts in digital media alongside the company’s media operating groups, and Deputy Group Head of Hearst Interactive Media since 1996. Previously, Mr. Bronfin was with NBC for over 10 years, where he served as general manager of NBC’s digital television group, a founder of the Interactive Media Group and vice president of NBC Cable and Business Development.
Mr. Bronfin is a growth-oriented business leader who brings to the Board more than 35 years of experience in media, digital media and entertainment industries, in addition to expertise and experience making strategic long-term capital allocation decisions through leadership roles in venture capital.
- Broad expertise and experience in operational and executive roles in the traditional and digital media sectors, including work in strategic planning, capital allocation, business development, technology development and corporate finance.
- More than 25 years of experience in evaluating, investing in, and growing a broad range of technology and digital ventures, including digital gaming companies, while leading a global corporate venture capital organization.
- Experience in executive positions where he led new business ventures, strategic investments, and acquisitions across the digital content and technology sectors.
- Substantial international expertise in a range of operational skills in and around business development, advertising and marketing, consumer insights, business analytics, and talent development.
- Experience serving on private and public company boards of directors, both domestic and international.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS