Laurel J. Richie
Laurel J. Richie has been an independent branding consultant since 2015. Prior to her current role, Ms. Richie served as President of the Women’s National Basketball Association LLC (“WNBA”) from May 2011 to November 2015. Prior to her appointment in 2011 to the WNBA, she served as Chief Marketing Officer of Girl Scouts of the United States of America from 2008 to 2011. From 1984 to 2008, she held various positions at Ogilvy & Mather, including Senior Partner and Executive Group Director and founding member of the agency’s Diversity Advisory Board, where she spent more than two decades building brands for blue chip clients including American Express, Pepperidge Farm and Unilever, among others.
Ms. Richie is a former Trustee of the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame and served on the Board of Trustees at Dartmouth College from 2012 to 2021, including as Chair of the Board from 2017 until 2021. She currently serves as a consultant and mentor to Fortune 100 c-suite executives on matters of personal leadership and corporate culture. Ms. Richie was named one of the 25 Most Influential Women in Business by The Network Journal, awarded Ebony magazine’s Outstanding Women in Marketing and Communications Award and named to Ebony’s Power 100 List. She has also been recognized by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the Most Influential African Americans in Sports and by Savoy magazine as one of the Most Influential Black Corporate Directors.
Ms. Richie brings to the Board extensive experience in marketing and brand-building, proven leadership skills, and a deep passion for diversity and inclusion.
- Significant executive management and leadership experience, together with strategic and operational expertise.
- Extensive experience and skills in global marketing and brand-management skills.
- Deep experience in corporate culture.
- Leader in creating and supporting diverse and inclusive teams.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions Inc.
- Audit Committee
- Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee Chair
- Synchrony Financial
- Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee
- Management Development and Compensation Committee Chair
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS