Lisa Gersh is an outside advisor to companies investing in the media space. She previously served as the Chief Executive Officer of Alexander Wang, a global fashion brand, from October 2017 to October 2018. Ms. Gersh served as the Chief Executive Officer of Goop, Inc., a lifestyle publication curated by Gwyneth Paltrow, from 2014 to 2016, facilitating the transformation of the company from a blog into the first contextual commerce brand. She also served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., an integrated media and merchandising company, from 2012 to 2013. Prior to that, she served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. from 2011 to 2012, and a director of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. from 2011 to 2013.
Ms. Gersh also co-founded Oxygen Media in 1998 – the first-ever, multi-platform brand and content creator for women, by women – remaining its President and Chief Operating Officer until the company’s sale to NBC in 2007.
Ms. Gersh brings to the Board extensive experience building and leading brand-driven businesses as well as strong knowledge of digital media, retail and integrated marketing.
- Extensive experience in the media, branded products and entertainment industries, including television, digital entertainment and publishing.
- Operating and executive positions with multiple leading media and brand-driven companies, including as Chief Executive Officer of Alexander Wang, Chief Executive Officer of Goop, Inc., President and Chief Executive Officer of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and President and co- founder of Oxygen Media.
- Expertise in business and strategic planning, in media, retail, brand-driven and entertainment industries, including the cable television and digital industries.
- Skilled and highly knowledgeable in marketing and branding, media trends and in building global brand-driven businesses.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
- Nominating and Governance Committee Chair
- Compensation Committee
- Pershing Square Tontine Holdings, Ltd.
- Compensation Committee Chair
- Audit Committee
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS
- Establishment Labs Holdings Inc.
- comScore, Inc.