Mary Beth West
Mary Beth West served as Senior Vice President, Chief Growth Officer of The Hershey Company from May 2017 until January 2020. In this role, she drove the transformation of the company’s portfolio and oversaw the company’s growth and marketing strategies as well as communication, disruptive innovation, research and development, and mergers & acquisitions. She currently serves as an external advisor to McKinsey & Company, a global management consulting firm, on growth and transformation projects for the company’s clients.
Ms. West served as Executive Vice President, Chief Customer & Marketing Officer of J.C. Penney Company from 2015 through March 2017, where she was responsible for revitalizing J.C. Penney's brand, establishing emotional connections with its customers and leveraging customer data to enhance the retailer's marketing efforts. From 2012 to 2014 she was the Executive Vice President, Chief Category & Marketing Officer for Mondelez International, Inc. Prior thereto, from 1986 to 2012, she served in various financial roles of increasing responsibility and culminating in her role as the Chief Marketing Officer for Kraft Foods, Inc.
Ms. West has been recognized for her leadership achievements by Crain's Chicago Business, Girls Inc. and Advertising Age. Black Enterprise has named her among the 100 Most Powerful Executives in Corporate America and most recently as A Leading Woman in Advertising and Marketing.
Ms. West brings to the Board a proven track record of growing and transforming consumer businesses, as well as strong expertise in data-driven marketing, consumer engagement and integrated storytelling.
- Extensive experience and expertise in marketing, brand building, managing global franchises, understanding and applying consumer insights and developing compelling retail and sales experiences.
- Possesses expertise in strategic and operational planning and execution, skill in managing global teams and a proven track record in delivering top tier consumer experiences and in building global brands.
- Significant experience in developing growth strategies for complex consumer brand organizations, through use of insights, analytics, marketing, innovation, and research and development.
- Deep experience in growing some of the world’s best known consumer brands through creative consumer engagement.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
- Albertsons Companies
- Compensation Committee
- Nominating, Governance and ESG Committee
- Lowes Companies Inc.
- Audit Committee
- Sustainability Committee
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS