Michael R. Burns is the Vice Chairman and a member of the board of directors of Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. (a global entertainment company with significant motion picture and television operations), serving in this role since 2000. Lions Gate acquired Starz in December 2016. From 1991 to 2000, Mr. Burns was the Managing Director and Head of the Los Angeles Investment Banking Office of Prudential Securities Inc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in content development and brand building, including in the use of creative storytelling and immersive entertainment across platforms to build global entertainment franchises.
- Significant experience in the entertainment industry, including operating and financial expertise in motion picture and television development, production, financing, marketing, distribution and monetization.
- Expertise in strategic planning, investing and content building in media and entertainment-driven multi- platform businesses.
- Investment banking, corporate finance, and international business experience.
OTHER CURRENT PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS
- Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.
FORMER PUBLIC COMPANY BOARDS HELD IN THE PAST FIVE YEARS